Can you sell a house with tax liens or fines?
To keep the answer short…YES! BUTTTTT
Here are the stipulations.
- Before the title change hands, the property taxes and fines MUST BE PAID IN FULL! The seller must bring the TOTAL AMOUNT of what is owed to the closing table
- The seller can pay the FULL AMOUNT OWED from proceeds received at the closing.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF PAYING OFF TAX LIENS AND FINES
- Let’s say you are selling your house for $100,000, and you still owe $80,000 on current mortgagee
- There is a tax lien or fines totaling $5,000.
- At the closing table, both your mortgage, fines and property tax lien must be paid from the $100,000.
- This means you will walk away from closing with a $15,000 check.
CAN I SELL A HOUSE WITH TAX LIENS OR FINES?
YES! – Call us Today at 678-540-4725